Build Day 3


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Lower Silesian » Wroclaw
June 14th 2017
Published: June 19th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday was our 3rd day of work, and we continued with various projects around the property - digging the walkway and the front perimeter wall, shoveling and bagging clay pellets, painting the fence. At the end of the day, we got to meet the 4 foster kids of our partner family. They attend a school some distance away, and stay there Monday-Wednesday. The family shared a song with us, and we enjoyed spending time with the kids and seeing how the family interacts with such love.

In the evening we had a walking tour of Wrocław led by a very knowledgeable young man named Łukasz. We learned that Wrocław has the nickname "Venice of the north" because of it's many canals. The market square is the second largest in Europe, and contains the oldest restaurant in Europe - in a building from the 13th century. We walked around the university, one of the oldest in Europe, founded in 1702, with about 135,000 students today. We saw Ostrów Tumski ("Cathedral Island"), and walked across Tumski Bridge, ("Lovers Bridge") again. One of the fun things about Wrocław is that they have little bronze dwarf statutes all around the city, and it's exciting to find the different dwarfs.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0704s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb