Oh and another thing!


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Lesser Poland
July 12th 2014
Published: July 12th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Oh and another thing:



First, the flowers. You can not escape but notice how lovely the Poles keep their gardens. Yes the English garden is quintessential (when it isn't block paving for the car). It is just that so many Polish gardens are bright and neat. Every grave in every cemetary is a wash with (silk) flowers. The blaze of colour make them look places of celebration and not mourning.



Secondly, bimber (pronounced bimbeerr)! This is the homemade spirit of the Bieszcady. Luckily Walter had a bottle. It can be made from potatoes, apples or even cabbage. Whatever you can get. He said it was strong, and drank it with Coke. I had it straight and to be fair it was quite smooth compared to some of the French 'Bimber' I have tasted from ferme Lefriec!



Lastly (I promise), if you are lucky to come to Poland please note that you always drive with the lights on. You get flashed if they are off. The only problem is that when it is not habit you forget to turn them off. We were lucky the little Polo had a strong battery. In the end we resorted to tying a plastic bag to the steering wheel to help us not to forget!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.362s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 17; qc: 61; dbt: 0.1534s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb