Exploring the Town


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Lesser Poland » Zakopane
May 18th 2007
Published: December 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Krupowki. That’s where we spent our day today. This place is the center of tourist life here in Zakopane. It’s a pedestrian street that has all the typical things a European street contains, restaurants, shops, pubs, things like those. The street is called Krupowki. This place is so cheap!! A famous cheese that is sold here is only $1.50. This kind of cheese is unpasteurized goat or sheep’s milk that is smoked. A hand-carved chess set cost only $20 and a beautiful, hand-knit, wool sweater was only $7! Can you believe that? Everything was just so cheap, I was in awe.
When we got hungry, we ate at this restaurant that served something called Rydze z Pateini, it’s a dish that has local, wild mushrooms, sautéed in butter and spices. It was so good! At home, my dad makes something similar to it, but this was incredible! I think it’s the fact that it contains that foreign touch.
After eating, we went to a place called Morski Oko. It’s a lake that is in the mountains. We had to take a minibus from where we were, up to a certain point, for 4 zlotys; then we had the choice to either walk the rest of the way, or take a horse-drawn carriage which costs 35 zl. We decided to take the carriage; we just were not in the mood to walk for two hours. We passed a bunch of beautiful forests, and had beautiful views of the mountain peaks. We finally got to the lake, and it was amazing. It was just so peaceful and calm. There were some parts of the lake were frozen, so that was really cool to see.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0376s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb