We'll be coming 'round the mountain!


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Lesser Poland » Zakopane
July 14th 2007
Published: July 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Wow! What can I say? The Tatra mountains, one of my favorite places in Poland, is truly outstanding. I love it here. The view is incredible and the air is so clean. We have just visited Zakopane. This is the home of the famous Gorale (Highlanders). Their lifestyle is both unique and arduous. I find that the people in this region of Poland are among the nicest.

We began our trip to Zakopane early in the morning. Upon arrival, we geared up for a hike in the mountains. We hiked for about three hours. The sites were incredible. I am ashamed to say that the old ladies are in better shape than we are. They can pass us up the mountain at lightning speed.

We ended up at a waterfall in the mountains. It was very nice. We had problems with some of the young, idiot Americans who decided to climb up places that were off-limits. They had no concern for themselves or for the guides who were leading us. We ended up waiting for them on more than one occassion, which cut our shopping time short. And believe me, one should never cut into our shopping time, especially without good reason. Nonetheless, we did enjoy our time in the mountains. I hope you will enjoy the sites and sounds of the Tatra Mountains.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0508s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb