Goodbye Czech Republic


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Lesser Poland » Kraków
May 6th 2007
Published: December 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Our little vacation in Ostrava ended today. We had a late check-out, which was around mid-morning, and we started on the next phase; we started on a drive to not only another town, but it was another town in another country! To the right of Czech Republic is the country of Poland; that is actually where our destination lies.
So we started on a two-hour drive, to a town called Krakow. We drove past many towns, some of which were Chalupki, Zabelkow, Grozyce, Wodzislaw Slaski, Rybnik, and Rzaska. We drove for an hour and thought that everything was fine, but we got a flat tire!! It was hilarious though, because neither Abby nor I know how to change a flat tire so we just sat on the side of the road and waited. We waited and waited and then decided to walk to a nearby town. We walked a short distance and found a little town with a bunch of houses. Abby and I were desperate for help so we went and knocked on some of us. There was a pretty older woman, a man (who I think was visiting her), and a younger guy (could’ve been her grandson). The three of them came with us and help us replace our tires and gave us food and drinks. They were so nice that we became immediate friends. The older woman reminded me of the Wife of Bath, she was older in age, but still pretty. Her house was full of little objects that looked like they were from different places, so I’m assuming that she likes to travel like the wife, and she has good style! The man reminded me of the parson, a very religious man who is always helping out with people. I think the man was visiting this lady on a shepherding call or something. The guy reminded me of the plowman, who seemed like a model citizen. You could tell that this guy was a hard-worker, is caring to everyone, and just is a good guy. He’s more of a quality not quantity type of person.
But these three people were the ones that helped us with our car and cared for us. After expressing our greatest appreciation, we started back on our journey, it had been over an hour by now that we’d been set back, but it was okay. We drove and drove and decided to pick up hitchhikers. We knew how they were feeling, so we gave them a ride.
We got to Krakow at about 3 o’clock and immediately we checked into the place we were staying, it’s called Plaza Mayor. Compared to other hotels which were over $100, this place costs $75 per night, so we took it. It’s located right in the Main Square, so we don’t have to walk far, and the room is beautiful. So I’m fine with it. Abby and I were just exhausted from our long day of driving, so we rested the rest of the day. We didn’t want to explore just yet, we wanted to save it for another day.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0447s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb