It only gets better - Viking Feast, Northern Lights first sighting


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway
February 24th 2017
Published: February 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Viking Feast

On our arrival at Stamsund at 7.15pm, it was snowing as we left the ship. We boarded a bus and were taken to a Viking feast. We had a great time as we were invited to drink and eat as much as we wanted. The whole event was a re-enactment of what it might have been like to be invited to the Viking Chiefs table, including all of the Skols – we had at least 2 or 3 glasses of mead through the night. Mead is fairly yummy, and pretty potent on the alcohol content. The people re-enacted all the actions including dancing and singing. I would recommend this to any traveller in the Stamsund – Svolvaer area.



Northern Lights

On our return to the ship, we were treated to our first glimpse of the Northern Lights. I was able to capture a few images of these lights with my IPhone using the Northern Lights App. I was so pleased that I was able to see the lights. To the naked eye, the lights looked like streams of cloud. This is known as a weak display. On camera, the colour of the lights was green. I hope, as we go on we will get to see the lights when they are much stronger. Check out the photos.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.16s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0524s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb