Odda-Bergen-Voss June 28


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway
July 4th 2010
Published: July 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

A very scenic drive along the fjord (very blue-green-turquoise water) passing through many communes (communities as we know them) where they grow and produce 40% of he fruit in Norway. Many of these orchards are on very steep hillsides (no wonder the Norwegians have such long life expectancies climbing up and down all day). The drive continjued on a National Tourist route which was extremely narrow with many hairpin turns and often was not wide enough for 2 cars to pass at the same time (I was on the edge of my seat most of the time and glad Warren was driving and not me and sure glad we were not doing this in a motorhome). We enjoyed the mountains, fjords and many waterfalls along the route - each bend in the road brought another breathtaking view. At the town of Jondl we took our first car ferry (one of many we will be taking) over the Hardanger Fjord.

We then drove through many tunnels (they have so many of them here in Norway that they must be part moles) to the city of Bergen which is very beautiful with lots of steep, crooked and narrow streets. As it was very crowded with tourists we continued on to the town of Voss where we stopped for the night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



5th July 2010

How Beautiful
Glad you are enjoying your trip so much. What amazingly beautiful countryside. Keep driving carefully.
6th July 2010

Great Pictures
You are making our upcoming trip look more interesting all the time. You are really taking a trip of a lifetime. Have fun. Dave

Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0207s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb