Norway


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway
January 15th 2009
Published: January 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Norway is one of the three Scandinavian countries. Norway is a constitutional monarchy with a parliamentary system and Olso is the capital city, that lies on the west portion of Scandinavia.Norway's parliament has 169 members and they are all from four different countries they are selected over a four year settlement. Norway is surrounded by Finland in the north, Russia in the south, Sweden to the east and United Kingdom to the west. Archeologists say that Norway has been inhabited since the 10th millennium B.C. Historians agree on the fact that the colonizing population of Scandinavia was the modern Germany. According to tradition a king named Harald Fairhair unified Norway in 872 AD after the battle of Hafrsfjord so he became the first king of the united Norway. In Norway from late May to late June the sun never completely goes down and in some areas of the country there is 20 hours of sunlight. From late November to late January the sun never comes out in the north and the hours of daylight are shortened.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.51s; Tpl: 0.041s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.4022s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb