Norway


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Western Norway
September 17th 2017
Published: September 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post

If Ireland had all the shades of green, Norway has all the shades of blue. And lots of waterfalls, tunnels and gorgeous fjords.



We spent 5 days traveling from Oslo to Bergen - days which included a hike to a glacier, a 3 hr ferry in the beautiful Sognefjord area, and the gorgeous Flam railway. And somehow managed to drive 900 miles.



One of the days, driving along the Oppheim Lake, the water was so still and the reflection in the water of the farmland so clear. Stopping and just staring, it was hard to tell where the land stopped and the water started. Definitely one, ok several of my favorite pics!



Finishing in Bergen where we enjoyed the history of the city, travelled to the NW coast of the mainland, and watched the preparations for the upcoming 2017 Road World Championship Bike races.



Norway is another country, where if you don't like the weather, just wait 5 minutes. Each day, except for our last day, we had periods of rain, just gray and some sun. Fortunately, the rain seemed to always hold off, when we were outside, or were hoping for a view. It is a gorgeous country!!



A quick stopover in Copenhagen on our return. It was another great trip! Hopefully, pics tell the story!


Additional photos below
Photos: 44, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Sogndal - our first stopSogndal - our first stop
Sogndal - our first stop

lovely cabins on the edge of Sognefjord
Oppheim - Mirror LakeOppheim - Mirror Lake
Oppheim - Mirror Lake

where the reflection and land merge so perfectly
So many sod covered roofsSo many sod covered roofs
So many sod covered roofs

some even with small trees growing on them
The Flam railwayThe Flam railway
The Flam railway

a helicopter dropping off building supplies


Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0265s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 7; ; mem: 1.1mb