and now coastal Norway


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Western Norway
June 13th 2016
Published: June 13th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Spectacular scenery every place we've been.

Geiranger Fjord

Amazing waterfalls as we headed into the fjord. Every few seconds there was another photo op. I was up on the top deck for a long time but then when we came to the 7 sisters waterfalls I raced down to our room to wake up sleeping Ross and have him see it. He moaned that he could see them from the bed via the mirror. I stood on our balcony snapping away. After docking we took the 11 hairpin turns up to Eagles Bend and had a great view of the fjord, the ship, and the falls. Later Deb, Ross and I walked back to the village following a path down a rushing river and back to the ship.



Kristiansund

Our tour took us along the Atlantic Ocean Road with some splendid arching bridges from one small island to another and a 5 km tunnel. We went to a stave church that had a very decorative interior and gates at the end of each pew. So far this was the only rain we have experienced and it was only for a few minutes. Quite cool out
bending under the railing to get thisbending under the railing to get thisbending under the railing to get this

And that's not easy at 6:30 am before coffee one has been absorbed
though! Tried to do a sketch of the exterior of the church but the bus was leaving.

At Sea

Crossed the Arctic Circle and Ross and Deb did the Blue Nose Order ceremony. They stood in line and jumped into a hot tub that had been drained and refilled with ice cubes, got their nose painted blue, picture with the captain and then drank a shot of aquavit. Ross couldn't believe I wasn't participating...well someone had take the pictures and it was just too bad that what I thought was the record button on the video screen of the tablet was the pause button. He didn't jump in again.

Tromso

Today we wandered through a garden that had identical plants to BC - they look to be a couple of months behind our growth as the tulips are just out now. Went to the planetarium where Ross picked out the seat for us ahead of time. Mistake. He thought he did well by getting close to the front and off to one side. Not too good. You need to be at the back so you don't get neck strain trying to watch the whole ceiling for the aurora borealis. Went back into town after the tour and bought a pink toque that goes with my pink mitts I bought in Bergen.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.226s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0582s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb