Day 1 at sea


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Western Norway
May 29th 2011
Published: June 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Cabin P316Cabin P316Cabin P316

Our cabin - before we wrecked it with our stuff!
Our journey to the port at Southampton was the journey from hell! Road accidents, caravans, delays, stationary traffic, rubbish street signs and a sat nav that decided to take us up a dead end meant we were running really close to the wire by the time we reached the docks. Then the docks were a bit crazy too. Normally they get about 350 cars for this cruise but yesterday they had 900. Just shows the succes of their incentive of free car-parking with the cruise! But hassles behind us, we are now aboard and sailing somewhere to the right of Norfolk. The ship is lovely and our cabin is extremely comfortable. The only way you know you@re moving is if you look out of the window - the stabilisers are amazing! We're now 2 meals into the holiday - very yummy! Lobster on the menu for tonight!! Lazy sea day today and tomorrow we dock in Stavanger at 8.00 am and have a day to ourselves exploring our first taste of Norway. Ship-board access to the internet is very expensie so may not get brave enough to try uploading photos. Head to Richard's facebook page and we might try and do somethere there from the i-phone. Will post another entry on this travelblog in a day or two's time.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.405s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.104s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb