Days 2 to 4 in Norway


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Western Norway
June 2nd 2011
Published: June 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

OK so here's the run down so far: internet access rubbish when your ship is sandwiched between very very high mountains! We're now almost out of the fjords in Bergen so we can reconnect to the web. Stavanger was very pretty, if a little bland. The drivers in Norway are amazingly polite. You only have to point your toe in the direction of a pedestrian crossing and they stop for you. Very pretty old quarter - lots of white clapboard houses. Went to an oil museum. Sounds amazing boring. Turned out to be amazingly interesting complete with 3D cinema.

Then went to Alesund. Went up a mountain - fantastic views. Went to Europe's largest aquarium in the afternoon. Got brave and caught a bus. Then found, when we left the fishes, that the buses had left too and apparently didn't come back until the next day! Walked with a lot of other Brits to the nearest main road to catch a different bus back to town. glorious walk along the prom in the evening. We were sun-bathing at 9 at night! It never gets dark here which makes me glad for black-out linings to cabin curtains!

Yesterday was mega - went to Geiranger. Fan-blinking-tastic. Everything you ever imagined about fjord is all wrapped into Geiranger. Round horrid hair-pin bends, driving across snow fields, mini avalanche, reindeer, sunshine, rain, wind, the lot all in one day. We went to see a glacier and it was marvellous. The views were spectacular and this one day would be enough to warrant a journey to Norway. Utterly breath-taking. Can't load pictures - internet access on the ship is sooooooo expensive and restricted. It will be quite an achievement if this makes it to the web!

In Bergen today. Going up another mountain - this time on a funicular railway. Set sail tonight for our return across the North Sea - definitely not the prettiest bit of water in the world! Have put on loads of weight - of course! But have also breathed some of the cleanest air on the planet. Wonderful place.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



6th June 2011
On board Azura

Swit swoo! Looking very lovely guys ;0)
8th August 2011

Love the LBD and Norway!
Hi Claire and Richard, I've just come across the automated emails reminding me to check out your amazing adventure! Thought I'd pop a message here to say how much I love this picture of the two of you. Such a gorgeous LBD Claire. Are you growing your hair again too? Looking forward to reading the rest of the Blog. xKat

Tot: 0.437s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1062s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb