First time cruise


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Western Norway » Stavanger
July 23rd 2016
Published: August 7th 2016
Edit Blog Post

The big day had finally arrived! A first time cruise for Val and Keith to the Norwegian Fjords.

After many years of being critical about cruising it was now time to experience the reality.

Travelling with Val's sister, who was celebrating her 60th birthday with her family gave us added confidence because they take regular cruise holidays.

We left Scotch Corner services on the A1 at 6am after an early alarm call.

The Eavesway coach was very comfortable with ample leg room. We did not see our luggage again until we arrived at our cabin door on the Brittannia, P & O's pride and joy, in Southampton dock.

What an enormous vessel towering over the quayside.

The bathroom and our cabin were small but functional and it was just like staying in an enormous floating hotel with 3,900 guests and 1,500 staff.

Our first port of call was Stavanger. We had a short walk to view the old quarter with white wooden houses dating back to the 18th and 19th centuries.

Later we went on a small boat along Lysefjord which stretches 25miles and was formed more than 1000 years ago.

This was a spectacular voyage with stunning scenery, high mountains and waterfalls. One of the highlights was Pulpit Rock a famous natural rock formation protruding vertically from the mountainside.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



7th August 2016

Welcome to cruising
Some great photos. Good also to see that your first cruising experience was a success. Happy Birthday to Lorna!! M xx

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0524s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb