Hello from Norway


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Western Norway » Sogndal
May 22nd 2007
Published: May 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi all thanks for all your messages keep them coming.

We have been on the road for over two weeks now and all i can say is what an amazing place Norway is we have done approx 2500KM. After arriving in Stavanger we headed south and east down the coast to Oslo and met up with a friend for a couple of days. We happened to be in Oslo for National day when all Norwegiens celebrate the creation of Norway and the women dress up in national costume there are different costumes for different parts of the country. Now we have come west again to Bergen and are now heading north.

Norway - What a place full of mountains, tunnels, lakes (some frozen) around every corner, fjords and blonde blue eyed women!!!

We decided to avoid the longest tunnel in the world 24KM but have been in tunnells up to 11KM. We are currently driving along the longest fjord in the world Sognefjord at 240KM long and later this afternoon we will be heading up to Euorpes largest glacier (that is actually getting bigger).

The van is coping well and me and Dave are still talking to one another.

Sorry there are no photos with this update as the computer doesnt allow me to connect to it hopefully I will get some posted on the travelblog soon.

Keep in touch.

Regards

Holiday Boy :o)



Advertisement



22nd May 2007

Hiya
Hi Kevin, Glad to hear you are having such a fabulous time and all is well with you both. I am here for another 6 weeks before going on maternity leave, so you will need to keep me informed via your TravelBlog through my personal email address - rs@nagawa.wanadoo.co.uk . Take care - Salena.
23rd May 2007

Scandanavian sights
Glad the local blondes are grabbing your attention as much as the fjords ar kid! I'm sure they see you as a couple of strapping Viking types rahter than Max and Paddy. Glad you're having a good time. ;)
23rd May 2007

Just the two of us
I see the crystal raindrops fall And the beauty of it all Is when the sun comes shining through To make those rainbows in my mind When I think of you sometime And I want to spend some time with you
24th May 2007

Sounds stupendous!
Hi Kev. Thought you'd gone a bit quiet and was wondering whether Dave O G had done some sort of Jack Nicholson mad-nutter "Shining" turn on you! Can't wait to see your photos. Without trying to sound like a mothering old hen, try not to break down in the middle of one of those vast tunnels - seems that you wouldn't see daylight for days if you did! No news on the baby front. Caroline's 11 days over and so we're looking like an inducement on Saturday, so keep em crossed!

Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb