Last Day in Bergen


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Western Norway » Bergen
July 11th 2006
Published: July 11th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Today was the cruise up a fjord. Naturally it was the day to rain (only in the mornng and mid-day, of course, while we were on the boat). Still, the fjords, and the life on the shoreline was interesting. The fjord we went up followed a huge inland island. All the surrounding water was salt water from the North Sea, but it was pretty far inland. The shore of Norway has many water passages to the sea, so water is all around. Somewhat like Seattle, but more so. The boat guide said there was a large hydroelectric facility on the island that supplied cheap electricity for the metalurgical industry. Saw the high voltage power lines. I would have liked the view more without them.

First concert tonight. Talk about a big snafu. The church was in the suburbs -- not good for an audience, but the church was better for singing than the old downtown churches. Problem was that due to lots of miscommunication, the concert was essentially unpublicized. Bottom line, the audience consisted of the head of the music society that was the local contact, a girl that came to light the candles in the church, and the non-singing members of the tour!! We got plenty of keepsake flyers for the concert (since apparently few if any were distributed). Well, at least it was a great dress rehearsal. Fortunately, the time on the poster was 1/2 hour early, so we decided to start then, and thus finished early (since dinner was to be after the concert, that was great).

OK, pickled and marinated fish is starting to wear on me.

Advertisement



13th July 2006

I'm travelling too.
We returned home from Hattiesburg on 7/12. All's well in the Hub city. Have a safe and happy journey.
15th July 2006

Pickeled and Marinated Fish
No Reker? (Shrimp?) How about good bread in the morning? Sounds like the typical Norway I experienced. Lots of rain, with bouts of Sunshine. Stay safe. Love, Rachel

Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1116s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb