Farewell Norge


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Western Norway » Bergen
August 7th 2019
Published: August 7th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Sorry no blog yesterday. We had a relaxing wind down day and went for a swim at the AdO in the afternoon. There were once again lots of dives/jumps/flips off the boards and we tried some laps again. Last swim...so sad. Back home for some packing and tidying. Today we were picked up at 8am by Tor (the father who lies next door) and driven to Bergen airport. All has gone smoothly so far. Actually, in spite of having 2 stopovers, the travel is actually going really fast compared to our journey here where we only had one stopover but it was 6 hours.....Today we had a short flight to Amsterdam and a one hour stopover. Then a short flight to Paris and a one hour stopover. That is where we are now. Waiting to board for the last leg home to Toronto. Once again noticed a high percentage of tall folks in Amsterdam.

Other things we want to remember about Norge, about half of all cars there are electric. We really enjoyed driving the electric and were able to use it for all but two of our day trips. We will miss the extremely mountainous views from just about everywhere you are here. Flying into Amsterdam, we instantly noticed how flat it is. We were so fortunate to have the best weather we could have hoped for. Sunny every day except two and even those days did not rain all day. The temperatures ranged from one day of 19 degrees to a few hot days of mid 30's. This has been a really great exchange. The home was lovely and the family was really nice. Bergen was a really nice city too and of course, Os was so quaint and pretty. Gotta catch a flight now! Bye!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.156s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0945s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb