Drive from Floro to Alesund NORWAY


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Western Norway » Ålesund
June 29th 2010
Published: June 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Weather reverse of yesterday. Pretty lovely all day but then rained hard in the evening once we were settled on our campsite by the sea in Alesund.
Today’s drive needed 3 ferries to get us across the many fjords between Floro and Alesund. They are all expensive and price based on our 7m motorhome and 1 passenger as well as driver. ie
185.00 Isane to Starheim
214.00 Folkestad to Volda
200.00 Festoya to Solavagen
Paying is easy (!), just hand over credit card, they swipe it and hand back card and receipt. Such a lot of Kroners we spent today !
Between ferries we drove through some truly wonderful countryside. Not a difficult drive (that is according to Bob who does the driving) just really interesting. Never know what is going to be round the next bend - a towering snow capped mountain, granite rock face, fjord, river, mountain stream, waterfall. You name it, we saw it today. And in between the spectacular bits there were some stretches of magical green countryside, meadows and forests, with carpets of wild flowers for miles and miles.

We arrived at our campsite mid afternoon when it was half full. It’s a chose your
SailingSailingSailing

across a fjord alongside our ferry
own pitch sort of site and Bob found us a very nice one, in its own space demarked by trees and with a view to the sea and the campsite little swimming bay (for the hardy only). Fortunate we arrived when we did as by 6pm the site was pretty full and motorhomes and caravans were being parked any old how, wherever they would fit. Kept us well entertained.. It rained later but first we managed some very pleasant hours sitting under the awning watching children playing in the sea, against, oddly, a backdrop of snow-topped mountains !
Managed to get the washing done, which was great as getting low on a few things. Not on suntops and shorts, those are mostly unworn and waiting for southern Sweden now I think..



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Pretty townPretty town
Pretty town

somewhere on the edge of a fjord
LupinsLupins
Lupins

wild and wonderful
Striped mountainsStriped mountains
Striped mountains

in shades of purple and green
Our ferry to AlesundOur ferry to Alesund
Our ferry to Alesund

Last of 3 today


Tot: 0.279s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 30; qc: 150; dbt: 0.1627s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb