Lazy Day at Sea


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Western Norway » Ålesund
July 21st 2023
Published: July 22nd 2023
Edit Blog Post

Relatively good nights sleep considering we were rocked to sleep by the ships motion while in the open sea.

Shower was fun - got wet when the shower head rolled with the waves. Was hot and strong so no real issues.

We got out of the open waters and into some protected areas which was much nicer. Lots of people sleeping in lounges or on deck in protected spaces to avoid sea sickness. I didn’t think it was that bad.

Even Stephanie survived. I did an early breakfast just after they opened at 0700. Not many people around. When Stephanie surfaced I went back to keep her company. Much busier now with people climbing over others to get to food. No fun there.

Quiet day of sailing today. The only excursion today was 7.5 hours in a bus. And also a tad expensive so we opted to have a lazy day on board. Some really nice views so not too concerned about missing the excursion.

Time dragged so much that I might have snoozed a little. Not Robinson Crusoe there though…..

We eventually got back to Ålesund where we had an hour to wander the town. Reckon nearly everyone took up the walking option. Fresh air and stretched legs.

Back for our dinner sitting. We have our own table for 3 tonight (table #3). A la Carte menu from now on. Not bad either.

Afterwards we had a taste of Norway food presentation. We also met the only other Aussies on the trip. Chris had met the wife earlier and as we were walking up I was taking to this guy and asked if he was Aussie. Yes. Nice couple from Brisbane.

He is Swiss born and speaks fluent German. Our tour director on the ship was presenting the food show and spoke in English then German. Our new Brisbane friend (Ralph) was amazed at how well Laura (tour director) went from English to German with exact interpretation (word for word). Found out later she is German born.

Chatted for a while then realized it was 2230 so time for bed. Lazy but sort of busy day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.348s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0791s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb