A Short Trip to the Sunshine


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Southern Norway » Kristiansand
July 15th 2015
Published: July 15th 2015
Edit Blog Post

It's been 5 weeks since the last travel post....and 5 weeks since we've traveled, if you don't consider grocery shopping as travel I suppose :P The weather this summer in Stavanger has been, shall we say, well not summer like, nor anything like we've ever experienced in our past 2 summers here. It has provided many opportunities for long naps and getting hooked on Game of Thrones which the Skinners have stored on their movie server. Trust me, it takes the whole 5 weeks to watch 4 seasons without going blind...haha. So Barb and I decided we needed an outing to the south where we heard the sun was shining!!

A short 2 hour train ride lands you in Kristiansand, on the southernmost tip of Norway. It's the 5th largest city in Norway and on first glance, looks like many of the other harbor cities of the country, only a bit flatter. This made our walkabouts a bit less strenuous 😊 We did find the sun and warmer climate which made it nice to be outside, along with many of the locals that take full advantage of the limited days of summer one gets here. Barb got to wear shorts for the first time since we left Spain!

Tomorrow we hop back on the train for the return to Stavanger and a week to pack and continue the Game of Thrones marathon before heading off to Budapest to celebrate my 56th birthday and our 25th wedding anniversary. Stay tuned for our adventures in Hungary!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0491s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb