Land of the Mid Night Sun


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Northern Norway
June 4th 2012
Published: June 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Norway is the land of divine beauty that takes you one step closer to nature. Norway has always been known for its scenic beauty of Fjords, mountains and glaciers. Fjords are carved out by the slow movement of glaciers and frequently end up being much deeper than people realize. It offers plenty to visitors right from mountain skiing, a voyage in the Fjords and hiking. A long strip of sea on a beautiful sunny afternoon is considered a perfect day for tourists. Fjords of Norway are series of landscape mountain that attracts hikers in abundance. Bergen is the perfect starting-point to explore the great fjords of the western coast of Norway, in particular The Sognefjord and The Hardangerford with its rich historySognefjord, for example, stretches down into the earth more than 4,000 feet below sea level. Fjords are also notable for having strong tidal currents caused by the slight rise that exists at their entrances. The Saltstraumen fjord of Norway actually has the strongest tidal current in the world.

The best time to visit this place is from May till September. You might have heard that Norwegians get out and enjoys the sun the minute it appears. Early April when the snow is still on the ground and the sun comes out between the clouds, Norwegians are already on the Go with cozy clothes and scarfs and hot coffee sitting outside.

Coffee…………..If you enjoy it as much as I do Norway is a good place for you In coffee shops in Norway, you will have a lot of options. Its not only the regular black coffee, the latte and the cappuchino available for you. there are syrup available in different flavor, caramel, hazelnut and vanilla are the most common once, including mocha and may more………………ummmmm



Norway is expensive to live in.

Travelers to Norway are having a hard time in knowing how much money to bring. If you go to Norway for a holiday, you can’t spend your meals out. As you are used to having your dinner and lunch out, but in Norway this is TOO expensive.

Hence booking a cruise for this passage of the world is an excellent option as not only takes care of your meals but takes you through this scenic world cruising in these fjords offering you a spectacular view and if you were lucky as us ours was Norwegian Captain Home Coming Cruise offering the best of Norway from the Vikings Son was truly the best we had been on………….

The Geiranger Fjord in Western Norway is one of the most spetacular and outstanding natural areas on Earth. It isn’t difficult to fall in love with Norwegian fjords. The scenery is packed full of picture-postcard sights and on this 12-night itinerary, you’ll get to experience them from your private balcony, at your own comfort and luxury.

And a ‘must’ is the Flamsbana scenic railway, 29km of the most stunning mountain views negotiated through a corkscrew of twists and turns. This ship have great excursions planned so you will not miss anything……


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0237s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb