NORWEGIAN CUISINE


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Eastern Norway » Ski
February 6th 2016
Published: February 6th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Norwegian cuisine is largely based on raw materials readily available in Norway on its mountains, wilderness and coast. Traditional dishes are results of using conserved materials, with respect to the long winters. Most Norwegians eat three to four meals a day which is usually breakfast with coffee, cold lunch at work and a hit dinner at home.

The basic of Norwegian breakfast consist of milk or juice, coffee and open sandwiches with meat cuts, spreads, cheese or jam. Cereals like corn flakes are also consumed specially by children in Norway tour.

In dinner they mostly eat fish with boiled potatoes and vegetables.



Norway has nearly 25,000 kilometres of rugged coastline, 150,000 lakes and some of the world’s best angling rivers, it is no surprise that a huge variety of locally caught fish and seafood is available in Norwegian kitchens. Here the diverse landscape also provides range of sheep, elk, reindeer and woodland fowl. Here people consume vast varieties of fishes and meat for lunch and dinner.

Fruits and berries mature slowly in cold climate. Due to that it is in smaller volume but with intense taste. Strawberries, bilberries, lingonberries, raspberries, apples etc are very popular here and are a part of a variety of desserts. A typical Norwegian dessert on special occasions is cloudberries with whipped cream or plain cream. Strawberry apple pie is also very well known.

Bread is an important part of Norwegian cuisine. 80%!o(MISSING)f Norwegians regularly eat bread in form of open-top sandwiches with butter for lunch or breakfast. A large variety of bread is available in the market like wittenberger, grovbread, loff, bagels etc. Sometimes Oat is used in addition with wheat and rye to make healthy diet bread.

In beverages coffee and alcohol is consumed in Norway. Norway is particularly strong affinity for coffee and is the second highest consumer of coffee in the world. It is common to invite people over for coffee and cakes here.



Norway does have restrictive alcohol policies there is a rich community of brewers, and colourful variety of beverages. The most known industrial beers are usually pilsners and red beers.

so,enjoy this Norwegian cuisine with Affordable norway tour package.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.279s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0481s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb