Oslo, Norway


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Eastern Norway » Oslo
May 31st 2015
Published: June 9th 2015
Edit Blog Post

A short flight from Hamburg landed us in the capital of Norway, Oslo. The entire population of Norway is a bit below 5 million, of which 600,000 live in Oslo. We stayed close to the train station in the heart of Oslo and close to the iconic Opera House. Our first day we took Larry & Lisa on a quick walkabout of the central district and the Opera House. Even though the sun was peeking through the clouds, the wind was a bit brisk!

Last time Barb and I were in Oslo we did the Hop on Hop Off Bus to get around the city and see the key attractions, like the Kon Tiki and the Viking longboat museums. Both were as amazing as we had remembered and Lisa and Larry were also fascinated with the stories these attractions told. We hopped off at the Oslo City Hall, where the Pulitzer Prize ceremony is held each year. We were all totally windblown and nearly frozen while waiting to board the bus back to the hotel. The weather during most of our entire trip through Swizterland, Germany, and Norway was, by the local's own admission, unseasonable and far cooler than normal...much to Larry & Lisa's despair.

Even with the poor weather, I think we all had a great time visiting Oslo!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.394s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 14; qc: 52; dbt: 0.3105s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb