Just a little jaunt to The Continent


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands
May 3rd 2016
Published: May 9th 2016
Edit Blog Post

"Packing""Packing""Packing"

Who'd have thought we had so much stuff?! If there's anything that will keep us from returning to the UK it's the thought of having to empty this storage box!

The First Stop!





So after a week of madness, last minute packing , late night tweaking and repairs to Herman, and a stall on the first corner, we made it to the ferry at Harwich.







After an easy crossing and a short drive on the wrong side of the road, we arrived at our campsite, which was in the fields surrounding a small holding. As well as the usual farm yard animals, an excited Liz managed to immediately find the outhouse where all the bunnies lived. A tear may have left her eye..



Once we were pitched up, we cracked open a couple of Heinekensshh, cooked dinner and began to formulate the Grand Plan.







After a leisurely morning we were on the road again. Next stop Amsterdam, via a quick detour to The Hague ( it was supposed to be quick anyway). The original idea was to come off the road we would later take to Amsterdam so we could have a little mooch round Den Haag, unfortunately the navigator (Lucy) was indisposed counting windmills and we therefore missed about 5
M25 to HarwichM25 to HarwichM25 to Harwich

This is elation on Liz's face, not panic...
turnings off to The Hague. After Liz asked Lucy to actually look at the map Lucy realised that we had, by now, driven half the way to Amsterdam. An about turn was ordered and twenty minutes later we found ourselves in The Hague. We only spent a couple of hours here but managed to find somewhere lovely to have lunch and saw some interesting buildings, before a brisk jog (on Liz's part) back to the van before the parking meter ran out.





Next stop Amsterdam and Lucy's "on the continent" driving debut...!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

RotterdamRotterdam
Rotterdam

Having some beersshh


Tot: 0.284s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb