Etten Leur


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands
May 23rd 2011
Published: May 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

We have arrived. After a beautiful stay in Le Prey we left this tiny Farmers place to go to Holland and visit Family. It is a pleasure to drive through the French country side. Everything is so nice and green. We put our trust completely in the Garmin, without you would have no hope of leaving the place. It took us over all sorts of small road, one car wide so you hope that nobody comes from the other side. After a little while we landed on main roads, than onto Highways. We had a very good run and the speed limit is 130 kilometres so that you can make some miles. Everything on the car is French even the book they give you is in French, so that makes things complicated. We have to look twice before you touch something. It has a panoramic roof and that was open. To close it you have to push one of the many buttons that are there. Liz tried a few till we found the right one, for it can warm up in the car with that roof open. We had also a mis understanding with the Garmin, that at one place sent us about three times around the roundabout, no blame to the Garmin we made the mistake by taking everytime the wrong turnoff. Than it is telling you correction correction and will take you back to the origninal road. We stopped here and there for fuel and a bite to eat. The road houses are enormous, and sell everything. From bread to wines. Coffee comes here out of a machines like in the Casino. You put the money in and out comes the coffee in a carton, whatever you want Cappucino, Express even soup. The car drives very nice, it is a diesel and that makes the fuel a little cheaper. Good on fuel as well. It does with carefull driving about 1300 kilometres on a tank of 60 litres. But if you have to make miles it will drink a bit more. We arrived about 4.30 p.m. in Etten Leur. Jola & Hugo were waiting for us. Lots to tell of course. Later Jola made a nice tea and at night we had coffee and something a little stronger. Before we knew it was 1 a.m. in the morning and time to go to bed. We will find a Peugeot dealer that maybe has a book in English and can give us some explenation about the workings of this really nice car. We hiope to talk again soon. Bye for now Liz & Allan.

Advertisement



23rd May 2011

Europatrip van Alfons en Lies
Tot nu toe genieten van elk blog. Veel plezier in Nederland en tot ziens bij ons.

Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0209s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb