Croatia and Rome


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands
November 9th 2008
Published: November 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The next week was our first travel excursion! We went to Croatia and it was absolutely beautiful! We flew into Split, spent a few days there, then went to Trogir and then Dubrovnik. Dubrovnik was my favorite, the walled city was just magic! The water that surrounded it was that perfect tropical blue and it was actually warm enough to swim! And there was gelato everywhere! And the best part was that it counted as CLASS. We did meet in small groups and went with teachers to various museums, churches and buildings but it was fascinating. Definitely not the average class.

After Croatia we had a week of travel break. The three of us girls went to Rome for two days. We flew there and in two days were able to see all that I wanted; The Vatican, Sisten Chapel, Collaseum and such. It was rather touristy but still crazy wonderful. AND our hostel over booked or something like that and so they put us in an apartment with two bedrooms, bath, kitchen, TVs and everything.

Then we took a sleeper train to Switzerland, where we met Kelsey's family friends Jacque and Kiki. They showed us all around Switzerland, which was one of my favorite places so far. We went through the Alps, ate delicous fondue, stumbled upon a carnival, went to a cheese factory and had a great evening with a home cooked meal and wonderful company. And a lot of wine.

It was a crazy wonderful two weeks!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.215s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb