AMSTERDAM


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands
September 21st 2004
Published: September 21st 2004
Edit Blog Post

Today is the 21 of September and we are in Amsterdam. Our journey started in London which we were in for three days and then Paris also for three days. So far we have only been in Amsterdam for one night, however, it has already proven to be one of the best cities in Europe. London kept all of us busy with all the sites. We stayed around the town for two of the nights but then we left and saw Salisbury and Stonehenge for one of the days. Salisbury was amazing. Such a cute old town and the Salisbury Cathedral is my favorite site as of yet! Stonehenge, however, was not what I expected. Too much tourism there. Everyone was there and you don't even get to go near the stones. Instead you walk along an outlined path about 30 meters from the stones. Anyways, I guess just not what I expected. Paris was amazing. Although we stayed in the wrong part of town we still had a blast. Definately worth checking out the Notre Dame Paris. Beautiful detail. Right now, however, we are staying in Amsterdam in a place called The Flying Pig Hostel. All the buildings are sooo tall and skinny. I guess it is because back in the day they ended up taxing by the width of your place. So everyone built up. Anyways, I will check in later.

Advertisement



21st September 2004

You'll enjoy Amsterdam
That is a good guess about taxing house widths, I would never of guessed that :) You must take a boat tour and also visit The Red Light District, it is very eye opening try Moulin Rouge sex theater its better than Casa.

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0361s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb