Top 5 places to visit in Amsterdam


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands
November 28th 2020
Published: November 28th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Amsterdam is one of the most popular cities in Europe and perhaps the world. This city should definitely not be missing during your Euro Trip. To make sure you come to Amsterdam well prepared, we have put together the top 5 places to visit for you.

This way you can travel to the capital of the Netherlands without worries and you can be sure that you have visited the most important tourist attractions in Amsterdam.

To find a complete tour guide about Amsterdam , we recommend this site.

Rijksmuseum:

Amsterdam has a lot to offer for art lovers. This is not surprising, since the world's most famous artists come from the Netherlands. Think of names such as: Rembrandt van Rijn, Vincent van Gogh, Johannes Vermeer and Piet Mondriaan.

For all art lovers, it is a must to visit the Rijksmuseum during their visit to Amsterdam. And it is also recommended for people who don't really like art. In this museum you will find paintings that you as a person simply must have seen once.

There are even paintings that are 8,000 years old. The Rijksmuseum is also a great place to visit for bookworms. The museum has 35,000
old books in its collection.

The Royal Palace:

The Royal Palace is located on Dam Square in Amsterdam. This is one of the most visited places in the capital.

This beautiful building is used by the royal family as a reception palace. Construction of the palace started in 1648 and was opened in 1665. The building is seen as the most important historical and cultural monument in the Netherlands.

The ceilings in the palace were painted by Govert Flinck. This was one of Rembrandt van Rijn's most famous pupils.

Dam Square:

Dam Square in Amsterdam is perhaps the busiest place in the city. The square is always packed with tourists taking pictures. There are many restaurants and cafes around Dam Square. You will also find several museums and important buildings on this square. Think of: Madame Tussauds Wax Museum, The Royal Palace and the Nieuwe Kerk.

There is always plenty to see on the square, from the many pigeons to all the street artists who can be found there.

Van Gogh Museum:

One of the most famous painters in the world is of course Vincent van Gogh. For this reason, a
museum about this artist should of course not be missing in Amsterdam.

The Van Gogh museum was opened in Amsterdam in 1972. This museum has more than 200 paintings, 500 sketches and 700 letters from Vincent van Gogh in its collection. As a true art lover, you should definitely not miss this fantastic museum during your visit to Amsterdam.

Anne Frank’s House:

Anne Frank is probably one of the most famous victims of the Holocast. The story of this Amsterdam-born Jewish girl has become world famous thanks to her written diary.

In Amsterdam you will find the Anne Frank house. This is the house where she and her family hid from the German occupiers. They hid in a secret room at the back of the house. This room could only be reached through a secret door behind a closet.

A visit to this historic place should not be missed during your visit to Amsterdam. Despite it being a very sad story, it is important to pass it on to the next generations.

Conclusion:

Now that you have read this top 5 about Amsterdam, you can be sure that you will not miss anything during your visit. If you would like to know more about the Netherlands , please visit this awesome page.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0481s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb