Counting the minutes


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » South Holland » Dordrecht
December 10th 2011
Published: December 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

And so it begins,



The first entry of this blog is mostly going to be a rant of what the plan is and a basic introduction to the nutters that have decided to go on a journey.

So, a long long time ago (... a year give or take) Duncan met Rebecca at a bar. This bar was not just any bar, it was also the workplace of the two which will be the main focus of this tale. Friends they decide to embark on a road trip around Scotland and a visit to T in the Park. They fall in love and end up in a relationship bla bla bla. After already having plans to travel to Asia before either had met each other, earlier plans fell apart and made way to a shared journey. And thus Duncans 6 month journey around India and Becca's wishwash plans to visit a good friend in Australia were traded for a 6 month trip starting in India and eventually ending up in Thailand.

Ok, so there we have a brief synopsis of how it all came about that I am even typing anything on a travel blog. So lets explain a little bit more what the trip idea seems to be. We are starting out in New Delhi, India and will spend a week in the capital making excursions around the area and seeing the sights of the city. Duncan has a grandmother who was born in the north of India in the province of Uttarakhand which gives much reason to visit the area.



This province borders on Nepal, along with breathtaking views of the lower Himalayas it is home to a national park reserve for tigers. Tigers seem to be taking up alot of our attention as later plans will most likely take us to another reserve in China. Now, not everything is completely clear what we will be doing inbetween the 26th and the 31st of December, but we have been recommended to visit the Taj Mahal as...

' it is only a 6 hour taxi ride'


away from Delhi. New years eve will most likely to be a Delhi event as we must fly on the 1st in the evening to our next port of call, Haerbin, China. What takes you to such a north-easterly province, near the Russian border, in the middle of winter, where it's -10 to -30, where theres shit loads of snow, I hear you say? Well, look up the ' International Snow and Ice Festival Harbin' on the net and you might just understand why. That and the tigers of course (although truth be said they are an after thought). When in China!

http://totallycoolpix.com/2011/01/harbin-international-ice-festival-2011/



Our trip will take us down the eastern coast of China over a period in excess of a month. Shanghai will be our destination to enjoy the seasonal activities surrounding the Spring Festival, better known as Chinese New Year. I'm already REALLY looking forward to this, just because fireworks are so damn great (ooohhh, aahhhh)... specially when you are in the country that makes the things.

GREAT! The blog just saved and deleted about 200 words, here we go again I spose (probably even shorter). After this quite figured out way of life we will move on to the unknown mystery which is where to go next? We are in possession of a visa to go to Vietnam (possible between 4th feb and 4th march) and are going to venture into the country within this time. After Vietnam has been scoured we then have the freedom to travel around the surrounding area (Cambodia, Laos, Thailand) to hearts content until we are forced to leave the paths of mystery and join that of destiny, the flight back to England.

From London, if we hadn't travelled enough, we are visiting Cornwall for an undetermined amount of time. This is when the real adventure begins... life.

Date of departure 12-12-2011... just 2482 minutes to go before getting on that plane!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0477s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb