Beautiful Flowers around the Keukenhof...


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » South Holland »  Lisse
August 22nd 2009
Published: August 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

The next day, its Sunday the 19 of April and me and dad and Liz get us some bikes. We go riding in around the tulip fields of the Keukenhof! For those that don’t know the Keukenhof is the largest tulip sculpture garden in the Netherlands. We did not go into the gardens. Instead we cycled around the area of the Keukenhof. We cycled about 10km the whole day. I was so proud of dad. He went strong! We cycled to the surrounding town of Lisse. On the way we of course made numerous stops to smell and admire the beautiful flowers. If you are a flower fanatic, please feel free to have a look at more photos I made of the day as I of course went macro crazy with my camera.

We stopped at someone’s farm by accident. The famer came out but instead of getting pissed of at us, he gave Liz a beautiful yellow tulip. She was well chuffed!
Dad had a nap whilst we ran around and took photos around the tulip fields and gushed over the little kids getting lost in the tulips.
For lunch we found a delicious Italian restaurant to have lunch at. As usual we were hungry by this point and each got a delicious calzone. Yummy.
On the way to give back our hired bikes we found some hyacinthine fields. The smell was so aromatic and we all had our little moments wandering through the gorgeous purples and gentle pink rows of hyacinthine. It was a really a nice day.
Liz had her first experience with nettles, when in the evening we were chasing rabbits in the park near our house. Liz tripped and rolled down the hill. The hill was gentle. The nettles hidden swiftly around the hill were not. Liz had a nice little memory of what nettles felt like from then on.



Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.375s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 21; qc: 84; dbt: 0.0927s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb