Getting together with family


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Purmerend
December 30th 2007
Published: December 31st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday 26th December

Before lunch Hans & Rags went for a walk in a different direction, this time driving to a nature reserve a short distance away. It was quite chilly but every once in a while the sun peeped out from the clouds forming 'God's fingers” on the landscape as shown in the photo. The farmhouse pictured is for sale and with about 4 hectares of land is priced at about A$2 million!

Many geese and white swans were seen but the majority of the wildlife remained either hidden or had not arrived from the northern areas yet.

This is traditionally, at least for Hans & Marion, family day. Due to Marion's time spent in the kitchen a delicious meal was served which we shared with her sister's family Mina, Jan and Marcel, and Hans and Marion's daughter Dusjka and granddaughter Natascha. The highlight of the main meal was a pork fillet covered in apricots in a pastry covering served with an assortment of vegetables and salads. Absolutely yummy!

Thursday 27th December

After a sad start to the morning as it would have been Rag's father's birthday today and he rang his mother to comfort
ReflectionsReflectionsReflections

This was the view in the nature reserve.
her somewhat, the rest of the day flew by.

Hans & Marion had organised a family get-together for us, with cousins and their partners all arriving for the afternoon and evening. A great time was had as can be seen by the photos.



Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Theo and IvoTheo and Ivo
Theo and Ivo

Photo by Marjolein
Rags, Trix and CeesRags, Trix and Cees
Rags, Trix and Cees

Photo by Marjolein
Judy and GerritJudy and Gerrit
Judy and Gerrit

Photo by Marjolein


Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb