A Dam cool city with Dam hot women!


Advertisement
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
April 23rd 2007
Published: September 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 52.3738, 4.89095Woke up and grabbed a hot chocolate before heading to the grocery store. I gotta admit - I just like going to grocery stores when I travel. They had a self-serve bread slicer - for some strange reason I found this interesting. Perhaps it was the lack of nutrients the past few days. Tto rectify this, I bought a bottle of orange/kiwi juice and coconut yogurt for now and a Chi... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 0, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

zyzy
zy

Grey Area - one of Amsterdam's most reknowned "coffeeshops" and winner of the 2001 Amsterdam Cannabis Cup. It's actually considered a very high honour.
zzczzc
zzc

The world headquarters of Greenpeace. Hmmm ... funny that the headquarters is located in the pot-smoking capital of the world ...
zzdzzd
zzd

The Homo Monument. It commemorates people with or dying of AIDS. The flowers at the end of it were probably placed there for someone that just died of AIDS.
zzezze
zze

Public "pissoir". Very handy when you need to go! For guys, at least.
zzfzzf
zzf

This fry stand liked to incorporate fries into copies (and poorly-done ones) of famous works of art. But who's the little dude on the right? Maybe it's supposed to be Ace and Gary, from the Ambiguously Gay Duo!!!
zzgzzg
zzg

This Geisha's going to end up looking more like a sumo wrestler if she keeps chowing down on those fries!
zzhzzh
zzh

That little rail is installed just so the owner can easily bring their bike into the house.
zzizzi
zzi

Amsterdam residents specify what type of junk mail they will receive using these stickers on their mail slots. I've got a similar set-up at home - I only accept Victoria's Secret catalogues. But I only read them for the articles, I swear!
zzjzzj
zzj

If you look carefully you can see strategically placed mirrors - this allows the resident to see who is at the door from upstairs, rather than going all the way down to check it out. It also allows you to check out Dutch hotties walking by, all from the comfort of your sofa!
zzkzzk
zzk

A lot of people live in barges like these. Though they don't look like much, they're apparently big-time chick magnets at night. Fire up a grill, put out some wine and they flock to it. Mental note - move to Amsterdam and buy a barge.
zzmzzm
zzm

The appetizer - octopus salad with mixed greens and olive & tomato tapenade.
zznzzn
zzn

A seafood stew. Oh baby. The smaller speckled clams had a stronger, but still very pleasant flavour.
zzozzo
zzo

The most creative presentation I have ever seen for ice cream.
zzpzzp
zzp

Why does this restaurant have a picture of Britney Spears hanging in the toilet??? And more importantly, why is a stupid Canadian tourist taking a picture of it???
zzqzzq
zzq

An almost postcard-quality of the Westerkerk - if only I had a tripod that would allow me to take vertical photos.



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 12; qc: 20; dbt: 0.0378s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb