A Dam cool city with Dam hot women!


Advertisement
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
April 23rd 2007
Published: September 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 52.3738, 4.89095Woke up and grabbed a hot chocolate before heading to the grocery store. I gotta admit - I just like going to grocery stores when I travel. They had a self-serve bread slicer - for some strange reason I found this interesting. Perhaps it was the lack of nutrients the past few days. Tto rectify this, I bought a bottle of orange/kiwi juice and coconut yogurt for now and a Chi... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 0, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

zbzb
zb

A whole street of Brazilian and Latin American steakhouses. I never did try any of them out - this was probably the epicentre of the chiquita scene in Amsterdam.
zczc
zc

The outdoor cafes at Leidseplein. It isn't right now, but it's usually packed with Dutch hotties.
zdzd
zd

I liked Amsterdam so much that I opened up a souvenir shop. It's the place to go for afro combs and creepy blue-haired dolls. I carried chocolate and gelato at one point too, but I ate all of my inventory.
zfzf
zf

A smartshop - where you can get any kind of magic mushrooms or herbal items. Pretty liberal here, aren't they?
zgzg
zg

I've been debating whether or not I should shave my head again, or keep the hair. Perhaps this is the perfect compromise! What do you think?
zhzh
zh

Cool, a pre-packaged salmon meal that you simply throw in the microwave, complete with a little valve to vent steam. Yes, I know - I'm an engineering geek.
zizi
zi

You'd think this guy was playing the didgeridoo - but given that he's in Amsterdam, chances are that it's the world's largest bong pipe.
zjzj
zj

You gotta love Borat! High five!
zkzk
zk

The Royal Palace.
zlzl
zl

Nobody seemed to care about these carnival games. Perhaps there would have been more interest if instead of stuffed dolls, the prizes were pot, bong pipes, or prostitutes!
znzn
zn

Amsterdam can be a dangerous place to walk if you're not paying attention. The trams and bikes are all silent modes of transportation and both share the same space as pedestrians. I almost collided with trams and bikes on several occasions. Of course, the near-collisions with bikes were actually me trying to tackle the Dutch hotties.
zozo
zo

The Magna shopping plaza - probably the coolest exterior for a shopping mall that you will ever see.
zpzp
zp

I've finally found my birthplace!!!
zqzq
zq

Interesting ... this shirt sleeve looks like an underwear's elastic waist band. Maybe it will result in you getting an entire-body wedgie.
zrzr
zr

Amsterdam is the most bike-friendly city I have ever been to. I gave it a shot, but tumbled down into a canal and almost drowned. Good thing I had my water wings on.
zszs
zs

A painting of very happy-looking pigs - you'll only see this in Amsterdam because the artist was obviously high on pot when he painted these.
ztzt
zt

That tiny little sliver of a building that is just wider than the window is the narrowest house in all of Amsterdam. It actually opens up to a much wider space inside - the house was designed this way to save money because property taxes were determined based on how much area of the house fronted the canal.
zuzu
zu

Multatuli - considered to be the Dutch Rudyard Kipling.
zvzv
zv

What better spot than the Jordaan district to chill on a bench and have a granola bar?
zwzw
zw

See that little beam cantilevered out from the top of the house? It's used to pull up large items like sofas - it's much easier than trying to bring it up the ultra-narrow stairways inside. If you look closely, the house is also leaning forward a little bit.
zxzx
zx

Check out the gap between the houses - the ground is fairly unstable so all of the houses have some kind of lean or tilt to them.



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 20; dbt: 0.0187s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb