AMSTERDAM - A day of exploring, caching and wandering


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
August 10th 2017
Published: August 11th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Today we set out to see the sights, enjoy Vondel Park and find a few caches. On our way to Vondel Park we came across a chess game with larger than life chess pieces. We stopped and watched for a while. We made a cache find in Vondel Park which is a huge and beautiful park in Amsterdam. Sort of the Central Park of Amsterdam. Once again, keep your eyes open for cyclists as they are plentiful and moving!

Following our trip into Vondel Park we headed in another direction to find the famous "woodsman" in a tree. Well, this was quite an undertaking as the entire area was in construction mode with barriers and fences everywhere. We searched for over an hour and a half to no avail. In the meantime trams whizzed by and a cute little old fellow on a bench spotted us in our quest. He tried to give us some direction in French and we were still stumped! Once we had given up and started to walk away to another direction Deb spotted the woodsman immedtely! Wow. We took a photo and noted the coordinaates as requested by the Cache Owner. Oh happy day!

By now it was time for a beer. Walking and Caching is hard and thirsty work! We found a wonderful outdoor cafe/bar where we enjoyed a drink ? beside one of the many canals of Amsterdam. Perfect Setting, Perfect weather, - Wonderful. Wayne set out and found one more cache while I enjoyed my beer. He returned with a successful find. All was good.

As it was getting on we needed a bit of grub so decided to find a burger which we did at a funky little pub near another canal. The place was hopping and we had a pleasant time as we chatted with a group of ladies from Brazil. A good end to our day out exploring Amsterdam. Hopped on the tram back home for a little R & R.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Chess Anyone!Chess Anyone!
Chess Anyone!

Two young pros competing
Vondel ParkVondel Park
Vondel Park

Beautiful park in the centre of Amsterdam
The elusive woodsman in the treeThe elusive woodsman in the tree
The elusive woodsman in the tree

What a search to find him
caching is thirsty work!caching is thirsty work!
caching is thirsty work!

Time for a beverage!
Happy camper!Happy camper!
Happy camper!

Good one Wayner!


Tot: 0.242s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0387s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb