Amsterdam


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
July 3rd 2017
Published: July 3rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

First visit today the Rijkmuseum. This is dedicated to Dutch arts and history in Amsterdam. Because of the continuing track work it took a little longer than we hoped to get to Amsterdam.

The Rijkmuseum is huge with art works from Rembrandt, Vermeer and Van Gogh amongst others. We had a too quick look through as I had managed to get tickets for Anne Frank House at 15:00. Most tickets are sold out for this 2 months in advance, however they release 100 tickets for the 11:30 to 11:45 slot at 19:30 the night before and the time slots 15:00 to 15:15 and 15:15 to 15:30 in the morning. This saves queueing for a couple of hours after 15:30. Our tickets to the Rijkmuseum were for all day so we planned to go back after Anne Frank House.

The Anne Frank House is were the family hid from the Nazi's for 2 years and Anne wrote her book about the experience. It is worth doing.

From here we caught a bus, we thought back to the Rijkmuseum, however, the driver gave a soft garbled message in Dutch and then detoured somewhere completely out of the way. She was not at all helpful. By the time we made it back to the Museum it was too late to get back in so we decided to go on a boat cruise on the canals.

This was an interesting tour. Nearly ruined when one of the passengers started to murder music by singing. Thankfully it wasn't for long.

Had a bit more of a wander and drinks before heading back to Weesp. Again we needed the bus from Duvendracht. This one was a party bus with luxurious seats sideways on the bus so you faced each other had TV, fridge, coffee maker, dishwasher etc.

At Weesp, we stopped at the pub for older people (there are 2 pubs, one frequented by older people and the other by younger people). We asked if we could get some food. The publican offered us meatballs and bread which we thought sounded terrific. Turned out be be 2 hamburger (fresh mince) on bread. Filled the hole. We then stopped at the young person pub so I could see the difference then back to the hotel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Amsterdam historic buildingAmsterdam historic building
Amsterdam historic building

Back in the Red Light District


Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb