Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
July 3rd 2017
Published: July 4th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Started the day confirming our train from Amsterdam to Paris. Then a last look around Weesp, then the train into Amsterdam Central. We had carefully made sure there was enough on the travel cards for the train but the gates wouldn't let us through. So we added another €5 each. Still can't get through. Buzzed the information who said we needed a minimum of €20 each on the cards. So back out to the machines where we bought a daily ticket for €4.50 each.

We had plenty of time in Amsterdam, so left our suitcases in the luggage lockers at the train station. They only just fit one case each and charge €7. A 20 minute walk saw us at the Flower Markets. Here they sell hundreds of tulip bulb as well as souveniers mainly relating to tulips.

As we are heading back saw a sign for the Torture Museum so of course had a look. Lots of instruments of torture on display and a little bit of history about them. Andy thought they were all reproductions rather than actual historic torture implements. There was lots about women and witchcraft.

A tram back to the station to collect our bags and then onto the fast train to Paris. It was a good trip. In Paris we caught the metro to Republique where we're staying in another AIRBNB. This is when disaster struck. Someone pickpocketed Andy's wallet. Needless to say very upset by this. A kindly lady took us to information to see what we should do and then took us to the police station. They took all the details and advised unlikely to recover anything.

The lady (Morgan) then took us to where we were staying before she went off to meet her friends. It is nice that someone helped us.

The AIRBNB is VERY, VERY small. The bed is a pullout sofa with wooden slats and the toilet is a private one in the corridor and there is no wifi. Not sure how this will go.

Went down the street to a cafe/pub for wifi and a drink to recover from everything. There was a woman smoking in the outside area and we were just inside and she kept putting her cigarette back so those at the table weren't annoyed but I kept getting the smoke. Very annoying. Then when I got some food she did the same thing so I actually knocked her hand away. I miss Canberra smoking laws.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb