Amsterdam


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
June 29th 2017
Published: June 29th 2017
Edit Blog Post

An early start this morning to get to the airport in time for our early flight to Amsterdam. Glad we had plenty of time as delays in paying an extra fee for the airport once we got of the train. Would have been a nightmare if it had been busy.

At Amsterdam caught the Sprinter train to Weesp were we are staying. A little out of central Amsterdam but only 20 minutes by express train and a lot less in accommodation costs. Weesp is a small historic town about 3 km to the south of Amsterdam on the river Vecht. It was once fortified, and several of the bastions, moats and forts still survive.

The first thing we noticed on arrival were the hundreds of bicycles staked outside the station. A short walk past the canals with several raising bridges to let boats through we reached out hotel for the next couple of nights.

Andy and I were both a bit tired after the early start and needed a bit of a nanna nap.

Then into Stockholm Central to meet Mara, who was our exchange student for 12 months in 2004. it was s nice to see her. We fought our way through the bicycles to catch the ferry across to Buiksloterweg. All these ferries are free. We had a bit of a look around and decided we actually wanted the ferry to the NDSM Docklands. So back to central and a change of ferry. a drink at the Pllek pub and a catch up on what everyone has been up to and organising seeing each other again.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0588s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb