[Bus Tour Day 6] Amsterdam


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
March 27th 2015
Published: August 2nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

We were nearing the end of our bus tour, and while I was mourning the end of it, I was also getting very tired, as we were running on full steam each and every day to see everything. The bus took us into the Netherlands, and we arrived in Amsterdam by the early afternoon. Our first stop was not the hotel, but a cheese and clog-making farm, where we got to meet some cows and chickens, and watch how they make both clogs and their famous cheeses. We also got to sample some of the amazing kinds of cheese they had available! I loved the clogs and the whole place, it was so cool to see, and I bought some little things to bring home as souvenirs with me.

After dropping our things off at the hotel, we went into Amsterdam and took some quick pictures with the "I AmSterdam" sign, and then were whisked off to yet another boat cruise - this one with a delicious pizza dinner and booze! We were excited about hanging out with each other and drinking while cruising through the city. We were dropped off near the Red Light District, and Andrew, our guide, turned into an Amsterdam Red Light guide as he led us through the area. I was amazed to see the girls dancing in their windows, and it was a very cool experience. It's very different from both the country I grew up in and the country I live in now.

People decided to return after that, but Sophia, my Danish friend and I, didn't want to waste the night when we were in such a great location. We went to a small pub and got our first drink, and then went to the famous Grasshopper - a multi-level club slash restaurant that famously sells weed at the lowest level, as it's legal to smoke. We didn't partake in anything crazy, but we did have more drinks than we probably should have! We had a great night sitting and drinking, knowing that we were making the most of our time in Amsterdam. Getting the train home was a little dicey, as we had to time it right or else resign ourselves to a very expensive taxi ride, but we made it and even ran into two others from our bus group going home at the same time. I was pretty wiped by the end of it, but it was well-worth the experience!


Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0193s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb