The Amsterdam Experience


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
December 3rd 2010
Published: December 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post


Incidentally, Steve caught a little bit of the traveling bug again when he visited us in Madrid, so he decided to come and meet up with us for the weekend in Amsterdam. We were sure excited to see him again!

I liked Amsterdam a lot. There are just sooo many things to see and do there. Other than what you all are thinking about 😉 There are a million museums, to see, canals to wander along, and bicycles to dodge. We got this really awesome museum pass that was only 25 euros, was good at different museums all over the Netherlands (not just Amsterdam) and let us see all the museums we wanted to in town. It was a really good deal. My favourite I think, was the Anne Frank House. It is crazy to think that such horrible things happened in such a wonderful town. The museum was very well done though, and you can actually see her real diaries. Very powerful.

But it wasn’t all museums… we did a really good walking tour and got to see some of the other “sites” in Amsterdam, including a walk through the red light district. It feels like you are in a movie or something, walking down the street and seeing all these girls behind the windows just looking out at you. No pictures though… sorry. Haha you get your camera smashed if you even try. They are serious business women. Apparently.

We also went to the Heineken experience! It was very entertaining, oh I mean educational. Of course. We learned all about how the beer we know and love is made, and payed our respects to the forefathers who so lovingly created this wonderful product. The experience came complete with samples. My favorite.


Before we knew it, it was time to say bye to steve again… sadly… and to head on to one of our favourite activities… a night train! Yay! To Berlin! Woohoo! (not really. the night train part anyway)

Germany we are coming for you. And your Christmas markets. Bring it.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.256s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0575s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb