Leaving Amsterdam


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
October 20th 2010
Published: October 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hello all!

What a crazy few days.

We left off in Switzerland, right?

Right.

So we spent our last day in Switzerland at Grindelwald, a mountain town. We decided to take the Gondola up Mt. First and see if we could break the cloud cover. We did! It was spectacular. View of snow capped mountains floating in a sea of clouds. The pictures came out great!

So after spending the rest of our Francs (to get ready for the euro in Belgium) we headed back to Lauterbrunnen. Rough nights sleep for both of us and my cold got worse and worse throughout the night. We finally gave up tying to sleep and got up for our early morning (like, still dark morning) train to Frankfurt.

The trains here are awesome. Clean (for the most part) and spacious. The only complaint is that it is pretty difficult to sleep with all the announcements and stops. But really, that is not even an issue. I would rather stay awake tocatch the scenery anyway.

We said goodbye to Switzerland and traveled into germany. In and out of fRanfurt the thing I noticed most was the awesome graffiti. Super artistic.I didn't get any pictures from our fast moving train, but maybe where we are headed next to BErlin I will get some caught on film.

We arrived in Brussels late afternoon. Totaly different atmosphere! It was busy busy and not nearly and clean and everyone smokes cigarettes. Very different. Our hotel was kind of hard to find and we ended up walking through a sketchy ass neighborhood. Cars broken into, etc. not cool at all. Luckily we managed to avoid that for the rest of the trip. But our trip to get to Westvleteren (the brewery that Justin wanted to visit) was a bust. The whole town was closed. Boo.

Anyway, we were left kind of sour from the whole Brussels experience and couldn't wait to get out of there, so we busted to the train station eager to get to Amsterdam.

When we got the train station we were greated with chaos! All of the trains cancelled because of the strike. It had moved up from Paris and was effected all travel in Brussels. We (somehow, I am not even sure how) got directions to a bus station and got the last two seats on a bus to Amsterdam. Unfrotunately we had a 6 hour wait time.

But, we got here. And it was awesome. I have to run now, but hopefully an update in Berlin. We will see!


Love everyone!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb