Amsterdam


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
June 15th 2008
Published: June 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Sat 7 June

We arrived in Amsterdam at 11:00 am having taken the night train from Berlin. The train was a sleeper train with two bunks in our cabin. It was a really comfortable sleep, I would have been happy if the train had kept going for a couple more hours.

We stored our bags in the train station locker and took just a small day pack with our clothes for the night. We then went and hopped on a canal boat and travelled round the canals. It was quite a good trip and enabled us to see the architecture of Amsterdam.

We then went back to our hotel which turned out to be miles away from the centre of the city. After a bit of a rest we headed back into town to have dinner and explore the town on Saturday night. It was fun, we got to see the sights and watch all the loutish tourists that were around.

The next day we headed back into town to have a look at the sights. Unfortunately I lost the camcorder at this point, so that put a dampener on the day. After filing out some forms in the lost property we then boarded a train and headed off to Brussels .




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.062s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb