Amsterdam day #2


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
October 8th 2005
Published: October 8th 2005
Edit Blog Post

So we arrived in Amsterdam yesterday, Friday morning. By the time that we got through customs and caught the train to the city, it was about 8am. We went to a cafe called the Grasshopper, which was a good time. And by 8:15am, we were having a really good time. So we wandered around for a couple of hours until we found a hostel and got a room for 2 nights. Friday we spent sleeping and walking around. Today, Saturday, we decided to see some sights. We visited the Rijksmuseum. It housed many art works from the Dutch Golden Era, which was the 17th century. There was lots of amazing paintings, the best being Rembrandt's Nightwatchmen. It was huge and very interesting. I haven't been to too many art museums, but this one is consedered the best in the Netherlands and by far the best I have been to. I am not an artsy person, but I was impressed and it held my attention for a couple of hours. We also walked by the Anne Frank house, but didn't go in cause the line was long. We are going back tonight. We walked through the Red Light District a couple of times, thanks to Tony for that one. It was crazy how accepted prostitution is. Every time we would see a guy go in a door all 3 of us would start laughing. The girls were all pretty hot too. Tomorrow we are leaving to go stay with Tony's relatives in Germany. We have to catch a bus i think so it is our first test in international traveling, not counting an airport. Hope all is well and talk to you all soon.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.057s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb