R-Rated Cultural Excursions & the Munchies


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
July 6th 2007
Published: August 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

… Well we are talking about Amsterdam after all!!! Read what you will from the heading, we won’t go into detail with this one . We can say though that our whole tour group had a fantastic time in the city on our first night in Amsterdam on the 6th of July.

The 7th of July was our free day in Amsterdam. Steve had decided the previous night that today would be the day for fulfilling his Contiki dare. Picture a Penis hat on Steve for the entire day… yep, attractive! It was so funny the amount of stares, comments, sniggers, etc we got as we walked the streets, it was classic! The only time it came off was at Anne Frank’s house as a sign of respect - he really did do well with it haha!

Speaking of Anne Frank’s house, this was a definite highlight for Kim. It was so good to be able to walk through the house and imagine what life would have been like for the family! It was very moving!

As part of our free day in Amsterdam, we joined our group in attending the Heineken Brewery. This was quite good and we got some free drinks included in our entry fee which is always a bonus.

To celebrate our last night on tour we had a final group dinner in a little waterside restaurant on the 7th of July. The meal was a close to a home cooked meal as you can get… which we can tell you at thus stage of our trip is a very good thing! We then went on a cruise along the canals of Amsterdam which lasted for about an hour and a half. The cruise was quite interesting and the free drinks we were served was just great . We ended our time in Amsterdam together with final hoorah… we hit up a nightclub that had been recommended to some girls on tour called ‘Club 11’. Wow… did this club look dodgy from the outside and it was in such a terrible area! Funny thing was, it turned out to be really awesome inside, and had the most fantastic view over Amsterdam!

So, our thoughts on Amsterdam… not a bad place, very liberated. Many on tour thought it was dirty and in part, we would have to agree with that. It was very interesting and culturally different from Australia. We really enjoyed our time here, but it would not be on our priority list as a country to return to any time soon. We must say though, visiting Amsterdam was a great experience and it was loads of fun touring here with a group!!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0273s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb