Amsterdam


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
May 25th 2007
Published: May 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Amsterdam is crazy! We got here later on in the evening on Thursday May 24th. Our hotel was amazing, but I had a feeling that it was once a nursing home and my bed found its way there from a hospital...it definately was on wheels and adjustable. Some of us, including myself, went out that night. I got Mexican food (a salad) one road over from where we were dropped off and it took for-ev-er! Like two hours! So by the time we finally finished we had to go back to the hotel because the driver could only stay out until midnight. But, most people had pretty good English though...

Friday May 25th:
So Friday we got up and we went on a canal tour of Amsterdam. It was a great way to see the city. Then we went to a diamond factory, but I didn't want to look at the rings because all I could afford were little specks that cost like $300. Shan and I then walked with a few others (Christina, Will, Nick, Adrew, Megan, and Ryan) through a flee market and then to the Heineken museum (we did not go through it because it was 11 Euro). We got sandwiches that were great across the street, along with fries with mayo. Apparently that is the thing to eat here. Then Shan and I went to the Van Gogh Museum (I found out that he actually went through a faze were he did a lot of art that had Asian influences), which was cool.
After that we went to the Rijksmuseum. We were running low on time so we walked around in the garden and then walked toward the red light district. On our way we stopped twice to check out/video tape some performers on the street. One was a contortionist that played with fire and the other rode a unicycle and juggled.
We went to Anne Franks House and then we ended up in the red light district, which is gross. Melissa and I walked back to the bus stop, while about half of the group decided to stay out until 3am for the next bus.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 14; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0593s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb