decision to SKIP Red Light Dist.


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
May 25th 2007
Published: May 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We've made a controversial decision to not see the Red Light District. Amsterdam has offered so much and we have both been so impressed and in awe with how beautiful it is and the simplicity of the lifestyle that we feel that at this point, it might tarnish that image for the sake of cheap visual thrills.

Although we feel like we may be denying ourselves a memory, it also feels that after everything we've experienced and seen on the trip, that our psyche and our total experience would not benefit in any way from that visit.

Sorry to not be able to fill you in on more details from the seedy side of Amsterdam, but we had so much fun that we already know this will not be our last trip to this part of the world and if at that time, we feel regret for not having visited the Red Light District, we will then visit it.

The city has had so much else to offer that it's almost difficult to put into words. It's unlike anything I've seen and so far this has been a life changing trip that at least I (Myrna) maybe should've taken earlier in life as it has been a perspective-altering week. However, another side of me feels that maybe had I been here even 5 years ago, I would not have appreciated everything I've seen in the same way.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0385s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb