wow...Amsterdam


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
May 25th 2007
Published: May 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

from roaming bears to a mostly naked trapeze man.

wow...so we arrived in Amsterdam central square today. We obstained from any of the "bad stuff" and stuck to mighty tasty beer. The crowd was great, and then randomly and unexpectedly came a mostly naked, draped in a tiny thong loin-cloth, mid-50s man. He gave us a full trapeze act.

The people watching and good beer made up the rest of the night. It did not dissapoint. We had Thai food this afternoon, which came with a full Thai dance at a nice little restaurant on an Amsterdam canal. We've found that food in Europe is really like food in America. It's heavily influenced by whatever immigrant population is influencing it.

Just among the tourist population, we've found American, British, German, French and the occasional South American / Mexican. What a long flight, no? It was long enough from New Jersey!!

We had fried chicken (yes, I know it's weird...but along with the burgers and fries from the vending machine (refilled every 5 min) it's the only thing available at this time of night) and fries.

Tomorrow, we're hopefully on to the Anne Frank House, the Van Gogh Museum and a couple of other random Amsterdam-standard sights.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0205s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb