Social D and the Great Escape to Amsterdam


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
June 18th 2022
Published: June 30th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Brouwerij 't IJBrouwerij 't IJBrouwerij 't IJ

GREAT brewery, amazing beers, tasty treats and a beautiful patio, would certainly go again
Wow, writing a blog post for the first time in almost three years, feels a bit weird I must say...those African adventures of our last excursion seem a lifetime away, and the ability/means to freely wander this planet having been paused for this long has been an eye-opener for me, having taken for granted the ability to go anywhere I wanted whenever I pleased...the pause has given me the opportunity to reflect on previous travels in a different light, and to realize how fortunate it is to be able to resume travelling again going forward, whatever that will mean in the near future...it does however feel great to be thinking/planning again!

This getaway started as all good adventures do: with wine and vinyl on a Friday evening! We are always keeping an eye on where our favourite bands are playing, and discovered the mighty Social Distortion was on a European tour, hmmmmm...had a look at the dates/stops, wanna go to Amsterdam? Hell to the yes! So tix were purchased, flights and hotels sorted for what was to be a 4-5 day long-overdue getaway, could not wait...

A whirlwind to say the least, took the red-eye over and landed at the tender time of 8am local, dropped our bags at the hotel and went for a wander...as this is Summer in Europe we booked a bunch of things ahead of time to hopefully avoid some queues, which worked out great...managed to squeeze in the Van Gogh Museum, House of Bols, Anne Frank House, Heineken Experience and a wine and cheese canal cruise, not too shabby...and of course innumerable patios!

Main event was the show, and it was fantastic...first of all the venue (Paradiso) is an excellent live music hall, great vantage points and the sound was great as well...two opening acts were really good and set the atmosphere for the main event: Social D! Came out blazing, Mike Ness was on fire as they played through most of the popular tunes...with a surprise cover of Wicked Game by Chris Isaac, rocked it!

That's aboot it really, again a long weekend getaway to whet our appetites for travel again (didn't need much!), stay tuned for more adventures coming soon...

Proost!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Social DistortionSocial Distortion
Social Distortion

The mighty Mike Ness!
ParadisoParadiso
Paradiso

Great venue...
Anne Frank HouseAnne Frank House
Anne Frank House

Heartbreaking...


30th June 2022
Canal

Amsterdam
A good city.
2nd July 2022
Canal

It certainly is...
...wish it were a bit closer however...lol...

Tot: 0.352s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 30; dbt: 0.3024s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb