Another Day of Travel


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
July 25th 2019
Published: July 25th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday we had our final breakfast at the Victoria Falls Safari Lodge overlooking the watering hole from a slightly different angle than before (we were upstairs). Fanuel picked us up and, on the way to the airport, drove us through a neighborhood in Victoria Falls that was off the beaten path. We wish we could have seen more of "real" Africa as opposed to just the tourist sites, so we enjoyed this look into daily life. On the way to the airport, we were surprised that Fanuel was open with us about the state of politics in post-colonial Zimbabwe.

We then made our way from Victoria Falls to Johannesburg on a flight that was delayed about an hour. Fortunately, our layover time of 6+ hours in Johannesburg allowed us not to fret. While in Johanesburg airport we did some shopping and spent time in two different airport lounges enjoying snacks and drinks. It was much better than sitting in the passenger waiting area or randomly somewhere else in the terminal.

At 10:35, we began boarding a massive 777. The seats were arranged in rows of 10: 3-aisle-4-aisle-3. We got the four middle seats. It was another cool overnight flight on KLM and none of us really got the rest we wanted. So, once we finally arrived at our hotel, it was time to shower up and rest for a few hours. We have arrived safely in Amsterdam despite a few delays and are looking forward to an evening canal dinner cruise. Tomorrow, we will head into rural Holland and visit The Hague. The following day, our last, we have reservations to visit Anne Frank's house.

Peace out,

The Pilgrims

Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0213s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb