Topdeck European Wonder Trip (October 8th-25th, 2009)


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam » Amsterdam Zuidoost
February 17th 2011
Published: March 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Day 14: Amsterdam, Netherlands Tuesday, October 20st, 2009

It was an early start this morning as Renata and I boarded a train from Central station to The Haag, in pursuit of Renata temporary passport at the Canadian Embassy. We spent most of the day at the embassy with us slightly freaking out because we were told that we may have to come back the next day to get Renata's temporary passport. This would mean that we would miss the ferry going back to England and would have to spend another day in Amsterdam. It would also mean a lot more money spent finding accommodation and a train or plane ticket back to London. But it all worked out and Renata was able to get a temporary Passport, at a cost of course. We were also able to find three references to prove that Renata was a Canadian citizen (thanks to our cousin Jean in England, who was on the same time change as Amsterdam).

We were able to make it back to Amsterdam in time for our Last Supper with the rest of the Topdeck gang, where we enjoyed Chinese Food at the Sea Palace, a restaurant on the lake. Then we partied it up on a boat cruise that toured the canals of Amsterdam at night and then headed off to a bar/club, where we partied more into the hours of the night.

Next day pit stop in Brugge, Belgium for some delicious Belgium chocolate and then a ferry crossing from Calais back to Dover.....


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 17; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0798s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb