Day 10. Budva


Advertisement
Europe » Montenegro
June 15th 2008
Published: June 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

The road to BudvaThe road to BudvaThe road to Budva

Some of the amazing views
Morning again. Today is the day we travel to Budva. The weather is slightly cloudy and as usual it looks like it might rain. I know I moaned quite a bit about Zabljak and most of it is understandable. Especially the bits about being watched all the time, but there are some good point, some nice people and I will miss them and their charm and smiles.

He we go, it's 10:00am and time to set off on our long journey. Its hard work on these roads, having to dodge potholes every so many feet and this is not an exaggeration to say the roads around Zabljak are very bad . It's like driving along a quarry road. But with the added challenge of dodging other cars aiming for you. Which now has happened on quite a few occasions.

Is it me? I thought my driving was good, but I must be doing it all wrong. I keep to a safe speed out here, well I can't go any faster without fear of the car being shaken to bits. But this doesn't seem to stop cars, mainy Mercs flying up behind you flashing their lights and tooting then overtaking you on a dangerous hairpin bend. This happens on not just the minor roads but on the main busy roads too. But we always get the last laugh when we se them pulled over by the police. Haha.

We see a sign with Suvo Meso on the corner. That's it we rejoice we are out the worst of the roads and its time for a bite to eat. Not mixed grill this time though.

What's that yellow disc in the sky I ask Tess. Why are people walking around in very little clothing. I have to get my sunglases out. My skin feels strange. I was reasured, it's just the sun, something we hadn't seen for a couple of days.

So off we skip in the sun to find a bar and wait for the appartment manager to meet us whilst we bask in the sun, drink cool beer, and for the first time this holiday we people-watch.

On the downside to this place, Budva is a little commercialised, well it feels it after Zabljak, but there is a great range of bars and restaurants to choose from. On the way to the old town we cut through the park, and came across a fantastic bar called the Hacienda Lounge Bar. It’s a fantastic place. It puts you in the holiday spirit in seconds with its Turkish seating and swinging seats. So cool, so relaxing. Don't miss it.

First impressions of Budva are good. It is definitely a great place to go and visit but it’s very touristy.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0987s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb