Day 8 Zabljak


Advertisement
Europe » Montenegro
June 13th 2008
Published: June 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Morning guess what. Go on I dare you. Yes it’s sunny. Warm and dry. So today we plan to go for a walk you could call it a hike but we didn't bring our boots. Our plan was to head to the black lake again then head to Ziminje Jesp for a picnic. The paths are supposed to be marked out with red and white lines or circles of the same colour. Easy enough I hear you say. But when you are in the forest watching out for bears, wolves and these signs you can easily miss a marker, which means you can end up going in the wrong direction for We came across another hiker who for some reason got scared walking in the forest when his friend scampered ahead to check if they were on the right route. So we gained another walker on our travels. The Dormitor park is very wild and the chance o seeing another walker is very slim which is its own appeal but if you are in trouble then start worrying.

All I can say is buy a map for what its worth and try and keep to the path. Also as you walk along always look behind you as there may be a marker on the back of a tree or the other side of a rock.
After our long day exploring the sights that Montenegro has to offer we ate out a a quaint pizzeria. M&M Sur Pizzeria, to give it a name. Its a small friendly place to eat.
We are finding a few friendly faces in Zabljak, the sort that smile and try to communicate with you when ordering a meal or buying provisions from a supermarket rather than look at you in discus like a third rate citizen that shouldn't be in there country let alone there shop. So the few that smile and talk to you show that there are some nice interesting people out here in these mountains.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0281s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb